Whether you are a teacher or a parent trying to teach your kids fire prevention tactics, this blog is meant for you! It’s important that your children know how to prevent fires and what to do in the event of a fire breaking out.
Maple Lawn Montessori of Manassas writes a few suggestions you may want to try with the kids.
- Inform them to keep their hands off matches, lighters, or anything that may cause a fire if not handled properly. Instead, give them other non-flammable alternatives, like a flashlight or a glowstick.
- Roasting marshmallows and hotdogs near the campfire can be fun, but getting too close to the flames can hurt your child. Manassas childcare suggests you keep your child at least an arm’s length away from the firepit.
- Stop, drop, and roll! This movement can put out the fire on clothes by taking away the oxygen.
- If the fire is at home or at your Montessori school in Manassas, instruct your kids to find the nearest exit and wait for the rest of the class to go outside.
- Lastly, warn them about never going back inside a burning building.
Running a Montessori preschool in Manassas, Virginia can be tough work, that’s why you should choose wisely about where you send your kids to. You may contact us here for more details about our services.